This Wednesday, May 14, Extreme Kids & Crew honors Drawing Autism editor Jill Mullin—winner of an inaugural Felix Award in Art—at their Second Annual Gala Celebration, 8pm, Littlefield, 622 Degraw Street, Brooklyn.
Green Lake in the hour before dawn: Seattle’s beautiful, teeming dark heart, its still surface broken only by the skittering of hundreds of phosphorescent coot feet, its quiet violated only by the self-conscious chatter of female walkers seeking fitness in cautious herds, or the indigestive squawk of a disturbed heron. A headlamped solitary jogger, disappearing into pools of darkness along the intermittently lit trail, then reappearing triumphant, steeled herself for the prolonged period of darkness that awaited her at the lake’s poorly illuminated southern end . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- South of the Pumphouse
- Please Don’t Bomb the Suburbs
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Go the Fuck to Sleep
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- It’s Just a Plant
- What Is Punk?
- Go de Rass to Sleep