To celebrate April’s Autism Awareness Month and Drawing Autism, edited by Jill Mullin, Akashic is pleased to feature spotlights of organizations that benefit people with autism. Today, we’re thrilled to feature Pure Vision Arts, a Manhattan-based art studio and gallery for people with autism and various developmental disabilities, and the location of the Drawing Autism launch event.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels
- Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos
- Hairstyles of the Damned
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Silent Pictures
- Will Work for Drugs
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith
- The Accidental Hunter
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- Letters to Kurt