Mother’s Day Sale: 50% off I Love You Too by Ziggy Marley until May 11th!
April 2014 News & Features
Mother’s Day Sale: 50% off each title in the Mansbach-Cortés Collection!
Chloe Zolovská had sworn never to return to Southeast Baltimore’s wasteland of condemned rowhouses, abandoned factories, defunct railroad tracks, pimps, hookers, junkies, and the babies they had by accident—including her—but there she was . . .
Congratulations to Robert Antoni, who has won the 2014 OCM Bocas Prize for his novel As Flies to Whatless Boys!
In celebration of the release of her new memoir, Not For Everyday Use, Elizabeth Nunez is the subject of our monthly Akashic Digits: Digital Excerpts from the Akashic Catalog program. Our Elizabeth Nunez Digit features excerpts from Not for Everyday Use and her two novels, Anna In-Between and Boundaries.
Congratulations to Anthony C. Winkler, who has received the 2014 Townsend Prize for his novel God Carlos!
To celebrate the release of Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean, we are thrilled to feature spotlights of a few of our Peekash Press collaborators throughout April. Today, we’re pleased to feature Commonwealth Writers.
On Thursday, May 19, Extreme Kids & Crew will host their annual gala in Brooklyn. Click to read more on this wonderful organization.
Featured: Black Interest
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Jesus Boy
- Party: A Mystery
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- You Can Keep That to Yourself: A Comprehensive List of What Not to Say to Black People, for Well-Intentioned People of Pallor