The April 2014 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine highlights two new releases from Akashic!
To celebrate the release of Eric Charles May’s debut novel, Bedrock Faith, Johnny Temple spoke with Eric Charles May and Bernice L. McFadden (author of Glorious, Nowhere Is a Place, Gathering of Waters, and The Warmest December, among others) about authorship, collective narration, mainstream literary culture, underappreciated authors, and more.
Featured: Black Interest
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- The Hungered One
- The Game Don’t Change
- Black Lotus
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Trinidad Noir
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Accidental Hunter