On the few days out of the year when the range was closed he’d get out the duct tape and stick the PVC-and-wadding suppressor on his Ruger .22 pistol. He’d load it with subsonics. He’d open the window, take out the screen, and throw some empty beer cans out in the yard. Then he’d stand back in the dark of his room and make them dance . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Black History Digit
- John Crow’s Devil
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- The Lunatic
- A Simple Distance
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- The Sexy Part of the Bible