Tim McLoughlin, author of Heart of the Old Country as well as co-creator of Akashic’s Noir Series, penned an article on Brooklyn’s Danish Athletic Club for the New York Times.
Akashic interviews Ron Hogan, who recently partnered with the Beacon Reader to create A More Diverse Book Review, dedicated to reviewing books that may not get the mainstream coverage they deserve.
David Unger, author of The Price of Escape, was recently interviewed by Nathalie Handal at Words Without Borders about his experience of Guatemala City.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- What Is Punk?
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Hairstyles of the Damned
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – STANDARD EDITION
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels
- Simon’s Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes