To celebrate the release of Haiti Noir 2: The Classics, edited by Edwidge Danticat, Akashic will be spotlighting Haitian organizations on our website. Today, we’re pleased to feature Haiti Cultural Exchange, a nonprofit organization that develops, presents, and promotes the cultural expressions of Haitian people. Haiti Cultural Exchange cosponsored our recent Haiti Noir 2 event at the Brooklyn Public Library, and we invited them to tell us more about their organization.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- From a Basement in Seattle
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene
- Hard Art, DC 1979
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- The Accidental Hunter
- Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos
- The Failure
- Copycat: LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PREORDER