What sweet in goat mouth does sour in he bambam . . . her mother’s words seem an echo but come from inside, making the chorus of a song (something she cyah remember doing since reaching double-digits) with verses of mondayjanuarysixthtwentyfourteen and eighteenthbirthdayfirstdayofmylife—sometimes she hearing first-day, sometimes last, but mostly first; annoying, even so . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- Copycat: LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PREORDER
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith
- Drawing Autism
- I Love You Too
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread