What sweet in goat mouth does sour in he bambam . . . her mother’s words seem an echo but come from inside, making the chorus of a song (something she cyah remember doing since reaching double-digits) with verses of mondayjanuarysixthtwentyfourteen and eighteenthbirthdayfirstdayofmylife—sometimes she hearing first-day, sometimes last, but mostly first; annoying, even so . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Game World
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Angels’ Share
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Trinidad Noir
- Loving Donovan