What sweet in goat mouth does sour in he bambam . . . her mother’s words seem an echo but come from inside, making the chorus of a song (something she cyah remember doing since reaching double-digits) with verses of mondayjanuarysixthtwentyfourteen and eighteenthbirthdayfirstdayofmylife—sometimes she hearing first-day, sometimes last, but mostly first; annoying, even so . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Caught Up
- A Simple Distance
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set