To celebrate the publication of USA Noir, we’ve reproduced Akashic publisher and USA Noir editor Johnny Temple’s introduction to the volume.
November 2013 News & Features
Dallas Noir contributor Harry Hunsicker talks about his experience growing up in Big D and how he came to write “The Stickup Girl.”
At the risk of coming off like a complete fucking asshole as usual, I would like to use this space to address a common misconception about parenthood . . .
Ashland, deep summer. It’s the one month the sun sets over steep Lithia Park only one hour earlier than everywhere else in Oregon, but at the jagged edge of town the hulking green shadows still pile up like a forest clear-cut. It’s the lull after Big Al’s Tennis Tournament, and it’s still a long haul ‘til Labor Day . . .
Akashic intern Lisa Martens reviews The Dead Run by Adam Mansbach (Harper Voyager).
Featured: Black Interest
- Jesus Boy
- Black Lotus
- Black Music
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung