We’re pleased to offer six sale packages just in time for the holiday rush!
November 2013 News & Features
Many years ago I read a collection of essays entitled: The Habit of Surviving: Black Woman’s Strategies For Life, by Kesho Yvonne Scott . . .
With the full moon there’d be a strong tide to pull the shrimp from the warm lagoons to their spawning ground in the Atlantic. It seemed like all of God’s creatures needed love and were willing to risk everything for it . . .
Read about City Critters, Inc., a volunteer organization in New York that works to find foster and permanent homes for stray and rescued cats, kittens, and dogs!
To celebrate the November publication of USA Noir, we asked contributor Maggie Estep to write about her experience with this Best of the Akashic Noir Series anthology.
To celebrate the release of Simon’s Cat vs. the World and Simon Tofield’s US Tour (going on now!), we’ve asked Simon Tofield, creator of Simon’s Cat, to tell us about his real-life sources of inspiration: his pawsitively purrfect felines!
Meet my son, Nils, almost three. Yeah, he’s adorable. Naturally, he’s a genius. He’s a lovely, hilarious kid with a protective instinct and a painfully intense desire to please, his mood-antennae constantly quivering, something which my wife and I must always take care to not exploit . . .
“My name is Brendan.”
He repeated the words as he walked down to the sidewalk . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- On the Way Back
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean