We’re pleased to offer six sale packages just in time for the holiday rush!
November 2013 News & Features
Many years ago I read a collection of essays entitled: The Habit of Surviving: Black Woman’s Strategies For Life, by Kesho Yvonne Scott . . .
With the full moon there’d be a strong tide to pull the shrimp from the warm lagoons to their spawning ground in the Atlantic. It seemed like all of God’s creatures needed love and were willing to risk everything for it . . .
Read about City Critters, Inc., a volunteer organization in New York that works to find foster and permanent homes for stray and rescued cats, kittens, and dogs!
To celebrate the November publication of USA Noir, we asked contributor Maggie Estep to write about her experience with this Best of the Akashic Noir Series anthology.
To celebrate the release of Simon’s Cat vs. the World and Simon Tofield’s US Tour (going on now!), we’ve asked Simon Tofield, creator of Simon’s Cat, to tell us about his real-life sources of inspiration: his pawsitively purrfect felines!
Meet my son, Nils, almost three. Yeah, he’s adorable. Naturally, he’s a genius. He’s a lovely, hilarious kid with a protective instinct and a painfully intense desire to please, his mood-antennae constantly quivering, something which my wife and I must always take care to not exploit . . .
“My name is Brendan.”
He repeated the words as he walked down to the sidewalk . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- The Failure
- Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals Made With Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen (SIGNED COPY)
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- I Love You Too
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Censorship Now!!
- South of the Pumphouse
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Hunters in High Heels
- From a Basement in Seattle
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene