Congratulations to Manila Noir contributor Gina Apostol, who has been named a recipient of the 2013 PEN Open Book Award!
It was one of those days when the snow started and wouldn’t quit, so we bought beers and drank them and didn’t stop until long after dark and anyway, we were out. The apartment seemed all stained and yellow and stank of rancid burger grease. The snow just kept coming. We needed escape . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Getting It Right
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Nowhere Is a Place
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- The System of Dante’s Hell