Melvin Van Peebles was recently featured in the New York Times. His artwork is being displayed at an exhibition at the Strivers Gardens Gallery in New York through November 7th, 2013.
Officer Leon James slipped out the back door of the Quayside Oil Company, where he worked part-time as a security guard on the overnight shift. In his hand was a paper bag containing the cold meatball sub that he brought from home but had forgotten to eat. Instead, he’d spent his break dozing in an office chair, his chin nodding toward his chest . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Game World
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- On the Way Back
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Not for Everyday Use
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- May Digit
- Black Sheep Digit
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread