Melvin Van Peebles was recently featured in the New York Times. His artwork is being displayed at an exhibition at the Strivers Gardens Gallery in New York through November 7th, 2013.
Officer Leon James slipped out the back door of the Quayside Oil Company, where he worked part-time as a security guard on the overnight shift. In his hand was a paper bag containing the cold meatball sub that he brought from home but had forgotten to eat. Instead, he’d spent his break dozing in an office chair, his chin nodding toward his chest . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Will Work for Drugs
- A Secret History of Coffee, Coca & Cola
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Animals and Objects In and Out of Water
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)
- Jonah Sees Ghosts
- Simon’s Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels
- This Is the Noise That Keeps Me Awake
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Go de Rass to Sleep