The Fort Greene Park Summer Literary Festival is this Saturday, August 24th, at the Monument in Fort Greene Park @ 2pm!
Welcome to Akashic in Good Company, a regular feature where Akashic spotlights the remarkable people and places in today’s publishing industry. Over the past fifteen years, Akashic has worked with an amazing array of talented, hard-working, committed people and Akashic would not be the company it is today without their help and advice along the way. This week’s installment features a conversation between Akashic’s managing editor Johanna Ingalls and Alison Powell, Bookstore Curator, The Oxford Exchange, Tampa, FL.
Featured: Black Interest
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- The Duppy
- On the Way Back
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Jesus Boy
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Black Sheep Digit