The Fort Greene Park Summer Literary Festival is this Saturday, August 24th, at the Monument in Fort Greene Park @ 2pm!
Welcome to Akashic in Good Company, a regular feature where Akashic spotlights the remarkable people and places in today’s publishing industry. Over the past fifteen years, Akashic has worked with an amazing array of talented, hard-working, committed people and Akashic would not be the company it is today without their help and advice along the way. This week’s installment features a conversation between Akashic’s managing editor Johanna Ingalls and Alison Powell, Bookstore Curator, The Oxford Exchange, Tampa, FL.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- Go de Rass to Sleep
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith
- Infinity Blues
- Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos
- Animals and Objects In and Out of Water
- Jonah Sees Ghosts
- South of the Pumphouse
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- Simon’s Cat vs. the World
- Hairstyles of the Damned