Every Friday, the Akashic team highlights industry news, reviews, and features from around the web. This week’s roundup comes to you from Akashic interns Melissa Bean and Yaima Villarreal!
August 2013 News & Features
I shouldn’t have dropped acid today. But then, that’s what I always say. I live on the third floor of the Mars Motel in Yuba City. If you lived in the Mars Motel in Yuba City, you’d drop acid, too. But this time is different . . .
Akashic publisher Johnny Temple interviews Troy D. Johnson, founder, webmaster, and President of AALBC.com.
Akashic Insider: Johnny Temple at Work (as related pictorially by the Akashic staff).
Two a.m. at The State Diner came with a refill on my half-drunk coffee and an impatient smile on the lips of the waitress who’d been hovering nearby. My appointment was late, but my wallet was empty, so I couldn’t afford to leave. A week of poor sleep, too much caffeine, and more than one drive-thru meal meant my stomach was churning like the Buttermilk Falls after a storm, but I glanced over the menu anyway . . .
After a summer of European touring, noise-rock band Girls Against Boys return to the East Coast with four live shows this fall in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC and a brand-new EP (forthcoming).
10. If you can count backwards from 10, you are not drunk . . .
The Fort Greene Park Summer Literary Festival is this Saturday, August 24th, at the Monument in Fort Greene Park @ 2pm!
Featured: Black Interest
- The Freedom Artist
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Caught Up
- Haiti Noir
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Becoming Abigail
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature