Marvis Johnson, a partner at Infamous, is the business manager of Albert “Prodigy” Johnson and co-manager of Mobb Deep, the renowned hip-hop duo made up by Prodigy and Havoc. Infamous has partnered with Akashic Books to create the Infamous Books imprint, which is launching with Prodigy’s novella H.N.I.C. Akashic publisher Johnny Temple asks Marvis about his background, how he and Prodigy came to work together, and about the current state of the music and book industries.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith
- We Owe You Nothing, Punk Planet: The Collected Interviews Expanded Edition
- Please Don’t Bomb the Suburbs
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- Sale Drug Chronicles (Complete Set)
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Go the Fuck to Sleep
- Jonah Sees Ghosts
- This Is the Noise That Keeps Me Awake