This week Akashic in Good Company is delighted to feature a virtual tour of of a wonderful indie bookstore from Chicago’s North Side, The Book Cellar!
July 2013 News & Features
Photos from the highly anticipated H.N.I.C. launch with Prodigy at powerHouse Arena in DUMBO.
Albert “Prodigy” Johnson talks about his novella, H.N.I.C., in a video created by AALBC.
Giselle slid in her green contact lenses before slipping out the back door and tottering in her stilettos across the parking lot to Chief’s car. When she opened the passenger door, she was greeted with the smoke of his nasty cigarette and a bouquet of blue hydrangeas. “For me?” She picked them up off the seat, eased into their place, and leaned over to plant a kiss on Chief’s cheek . . .
Every Friday, the Akashic team highlights industry news, reviews, and features from around the web. This week’s roundup comes to you from Akashic intern Gabriella Balza.
Gumbo and I tossed a Frisbee, waiting for our mamas to call us in for dinner, while Danny, another one of my brothers’ friends, screamed by from one end of the block to the other, passing within a few feet of us on his gigantic chopper . . .
Akashic intern Melissa Bean reviews Mundo Cruel by Luis Negrón (Seven Stories Press).
For today’s Akashic Insider, we asked Thomas Glave—author of the newly-released Among the Bloodpeople: Politics and Flesh—to write about the Supreme Court’s recent decision to overturn the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)
- Please Don’t Bomb the Suburbs
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- From a Basement in Seattle
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- I Love You Too
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- Censorship Now!!
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels
- Hello Sunshine
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature