This week’s installment of Akashic in Good Company features Marva Allen, Regina Brooks, and Marie Brown, co-publishers of Akashic’s Open Lens imprint.
Get in the car.
I started to turn but there was a gun in my back or something pretending to be a gun. I faced forward. The voice was familiar, a woman’s voice, a cigarette voice. Philip Morris unfiltered. I think that’s the only way Philip Morris comes. Smoking them was a grand statement, too big for me, but if I was right about the voice then we’d shared a few together, she and I . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Even in Paradise
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- The Book of Harlan
- Becoming Abigail
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Prospero’s Daughter
- To Funk and Die in LA
- The System of Dante’s Hell