Nowhere Is a Place was first published in 2006. The story was inspired by my own genealogical research, which I started back in 1995. I’ve had a lot of help along the way and so would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to Antoinette McFadden, Valerie Beaudrault, and the members of AfriGeneas.com—without their kind assistance, I would be years behind in my research.
February 2013 News & Features
It is with great pleasure and a little bit of relief that I welcome you to our new website . . .
Akashic publisher Johnny Temple introduces a brand-new “Literary Lions” interview series, kicking things off with 15 questions with Dennis Lehane!
Featured: Black Interest
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Song for Night
- The White House
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- John Crow’s Devil
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business