Nowhere Is a Place was first published in 2006. The story was inspired by my own genealogical research, which I started back in 1995. I’ve had a lot of help along the way and so would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to Antoinette McFadden, Valerie Beaudrault, and the members of AfriGeneas.com—without their kind assistance, I would be years behind in my research.
February 2013 News & Features
It is with great pleasure and a little bit of relief that I welcome you to our new website . . .
Akashic publisher Johnny Temple introduces a brand-new “Literary Lions” interview series, kicking things off with 15 questions with Dennis Lehane!
Featured: Black Interest
- Lost Canyon
- Gomer’s Song
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Loving Donovan
- The Gospel According to Cane
- A Simple Distance
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- She’s Gone