Nowhere Is a Place was first published in 2006. The story was inspired by my own genealogical research, which I started back in 1995. I’ve had a lot of help along the way and so would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to Antoinette McFadden, Valerie Beaudrault, and the members of AfriGeneas.com—without their kind assistance, I would be years behind in my research.
February 2013 News & Features
It is with great pleasure and a little bit of relief that I welcome you to our new website . . .
Akashic publisher Johnny Temple introduces a brand-new “Literary Lions” interview series, kicking things off with 15 questions with Dennis Lehane!
Featured: Black Interest
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- The Accidental Hunter
- To Funk and Die in LA
- I Love You Too
- Black History Digit
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)