Publisher Johnny Temple interviews Edwidge Danticat as part of Akashic Books’ “Literary Lions” interview series!
February 2013 News & Features
Each month, Akashic invites contributions to our featured blog from our roster of fabulous authors. This February, in celebration of Black History Month and in conjunction with the long-awaited paperback reissue of Nowhere Is a Place, Bernice L. McFadden inaugurated our feature with the wonderful conclusion to her book. This week, Courttia Newland similarly asks, Are We Related?
Allison Glock reviews Jess Walter in the New York Times Book Review…
They were at the Gulfport Shaggy’s, about to celebrate a decent haul on a pot deal with a late-morning bloody and there stood The Treat, looking less Dutch than usual, a little more redneck, talking to some senior stoner with ass-length white hair in a sectioned-off ponytail . . .
David McConnell talks with LA Weekly
You won’t want to miss this wonderful review of Courttia Newland’s The Gospel According to Canein the Toronto Star!
Fred Armisen gives a tongue-and-check reading from Joe Meno’s Office Girl at Bluestockings.
Randall Robinson, the renowned author of Makeda, conducted a wide-ranging three-hour interview about his life’s work on C-SPAN2’s In Depth program over the weekend . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Caught Up
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- The Warmest December
- Dog War
- Jesus Boy
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung